Ephesians 3:14
For this reason I kneel before the Father...
Dear friend,
The prayer and benediction that follow our verse today has become one of my favorite prayers and I encourage you to not only read verses 15-20 in this chapter but also to study "this reason" that Paul is referring to.
Instead of focusing on the beauty and depth of Paul's prayer to the Ephesians today, I had a tough time getting past these few words. I don't know about you but it seems like I'm always busy doing something. I'm reminded of Mary and Martha in Luke 10:38-41. The Bible says that Martha was distracted by the preparation that had to be made and upset with her sister leaving her to do all the work. But Jesus told her that Mary had chosen the better thing...to be listening at the feet of her Lord. I pray that we may be encouraged to kneel before the Father today in prayer and submission...listening as He speaks to us in His Word.
"Come, let us bow down in worship, let us kneel before the LORD our Maker" (Pslam 95:6)
In Christ,
Mike
No comments:
Post a Comment