3 Join with me in suffering, like a good soldier of Christ Jesus. 4 No one serving as a soldier gets entangled in civilian affairs, but rather tries to please his commanding officer.
Dear friend,
Good morning. Today I want to bring a verse to you that we can chew on for the weekend and apply to our lives. The verse reminds us that we are in a war and have to endure without getting too caught up and influenced by our culture (civilian affairs). As His followers there will be hardships and we have to remember who our commanding officer is.... JESUS! Paul is reminding Timothy, and us, that we will be tempted to forget the fact that we are to battle.
For example, this week my family and I are on vacation and as I write this my baby girl is sitting here laughing, drooling, cooing and having a great time! Ahhhhh...... Then I flip on the TV to ABC "Family" to see back to back commercials for "family" shows where young woman are wearing handkerchiefs for shorts and doing well.....never mind. Reminder to self, there is a battle already waging for my daughter and she's not even a year old! Am I battle ready???
Do you want to hear from commander Jesus with me today on how to fight our battle and please our commanding officer? Since we are on the battle field think of some of the ways Jesus is commanding us.
Imagine you are a soldier and you receive these orders from Jesus:
- Life- I am the way the truth the life (John 14:6) I am watching and helping you.
- Weapons - Use my Word to demolish ALL strongholds.
- Strength- Battle with the strength I provide you so that I am praised (1 Peter 4:11) and others are encouraged.
- Work - Work as though you're working for me not for men (Colossian 3:23).
- Marriage- To the men, love your wives as I laid my life down for you. To the wives, respect your husbands (Ephesians 5).
- Children - Honor your parents.
- Money- Godliness with contentment is great gain (1 Timothy 6:6) so seek me first (Matthew 6:33) then go help the least.
- Enemy - Yes you have an enemy (1 Peter 5) and he roams around like a lion. Submit to me and resist him and he will flee (James 4:7).
- Battle- Put on the full armor that I gave you (Ephesians 6) and use it everyday!
- Love- I love you so much that I laid my life down for you and I gave you everything you needed. Now go love others (1 Corinthians 13) and tell them how to fight the good fight and win!Blessings in your battle today!
Ty D.
No comments:
Post a Comment