Matthew 14:31
Immediately Jesus reached out his hand and caught him. "You of little faith," he said,
"why did you doubt?"
Dear friend,
"Oh my goodness, I can't believe we're on a boat!", exclaimed Laura.
This morning I'm on a boat bound for the island of Culebra. My daughter Laura is sitting next to me. It's nice to be on the ocean in the open air, but Laura is definitely a bit apprehensive about this whole boat thing. She keeps asking me, "Daddy, aren't you afraid or nervous?" Or, "Could we sink like those other boats on their sides by the shore?"
I explained to her that I trust the boat and I trust the people driving the boat. "But why, you don't know them and you've never been on this boat before." Good point!
Surely the disciples knew Jesus and they certainly had a good understanding of boats. They had no reason not to trust either, especially after just witnessing Jesus feed over five thousand people. But God used this event out on that lake with the disciples to show His faithfulness to us and that we can trust Him even when our faith is little, weak, battered and bruised.
We need to trust Him with "our boats", our lives. HIs hand is always there, we just need to reach out in faith and take it!
Happy Monday!
In Christ,
-Robert
No comments:
Post a Comment