Isaiah 40:29-31
29 He gives strength to the weary
and increases the power of the weak.
30 Even youths grow tired and weary,
and young men stumble and fall;
31 but those who hope in the LORD
will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not be faint.
Dear friend,
I heard a local Pastor speak about a phone call that he received from his doctor with the news that he had cancer. He said his heart began to race and thoughts of his family ran through his mind. Then, He recalled the verse above along with the verse from Romans 8:32 which says "He who did not spare His own son but gave Him up for us all, how will he not also, along with him, graciously give us all things." He said he instantly felt peace like a river.
This is an example of God renewing strength after a hard blow. The Word of God is so amazing in that you can read a particular scripture causally one day and then the Holy Spirit brings it to life at just the right time for encouragement and comfort during trials as seen with this particular pastor above.
I hope this verse from Isaiah is of comfort to you today. When you hope in the Lord, he gives you a renewed strength to press on. He may not pull you from the circumstance but you can bank on His Word to help you get through it!
I have seen some dark days in my young life. I have had a business failure, been bankrupt, gone through deep depression and anxiety, debilitating addictions and my father in law passed away at the age of 54 while on my honeymoon. Here is what I know is true and I hope it's true for you today: God is there! God does care! He has strengthened me when I have been weary and increased my power when I have been weak. What has helped me time and time again is leaning on the promises of God's Word. Please take another look at the cross of Christ today and remember what He did for all of us.
Trust in Christ and put all your hope in Him.
Ty
No comments:
Post a Comment