2 Timothy 1:8-9
So do not be ashamed of the testimony about our Lord or of me his prisoner. Rather, join with me in suffering for the gospel, by the power of God. He has saved us and called us to a holy life-not because of anything we have done but because of his own purpose and grace.
Dear friend,
St. Patrick's day is usually associated with festivities of green, shamrocks, little leprechauns, and bottomless pints. It's really the celebration of a man, a Christian missionary, and his ministry. Here are some words from St. Patrick himself to encourage us in our faith today.
"I came to the people of Ireland to preach the Gospel, and to suffer insult from unbelievers, bearing the reproach of my going abroad, and many persecutions even unto bonds, and give my free birth for the benefit of others; and, should I be worthy, I am prepared to give even my life without hesitation and most gladly for his name, and it is there that I wish to spend it until I die, if the Lord would grant it to me." -St. Patrick (432 AD)
Happy St. Patrick's Day!
In Christ,
Robert
No comments:
Post a Comment