Monday, March 28, 2011

3.28.11

Proverbs 30:8-9

8 Keep falsehood and lies far from me;

give me neither poverty nor riches,

but give me only my daily bread.

9 Otherwise, I may have too much and disown you

and say, 'Who is the LORD?'

Or I may become poor and steal,

and so dishonor the name of my God.


Dear friend,

I recently saw a short YouTube video by Francis Chan on these verses: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2oi6y292kE&feature=autofb.

He dares viewers to pray this prayer out of Proverbs 30.

Neither poverty nor riches but only my daily bread...

I must admit that I struggle with that prayer. I think it is wise to have savings but I must remember that I'm also not supposed to follow the pattern of this world. We're not to build up for ourselves treasure on earth but treasure in heaven. We're to give and give generously. Let us stop and analyze our hearts for a moment and have intimate moments with our Father concerning these verses today. What would you have me give, Lord? Is it money or time or utilizing the gifts that you have given me? Father, show me what that looks like today as I desire to keep in step with the Spirit and trust in You as my Provider.

In Christ,

Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment