Jeremiah 17:7-8
7 "But blessed is the one who trusts in the LORD,
whose confidence is in him.
8 They will be like a tree planted by the water
that sends out its roots by the stream.
It does not fear when heat comes;
its leaves are always green.
It has no worries in a year of drought
and never fails to bear fruit."
Dear friend,
I love this passage as it tells us that we are blessed when we trust the Lord. I have had a special appreciation for the word trust vs. the word faith as of lately. I think the word 'faith' gets tossed around so much that it has lost a little of its impact on us as Americans. Who do you trust with your life? Who do you trust with your fears? Does trusting God have any impact on your day to day life?
I wish that I could say trusting in God is easy, but it's not. We are called to trust in a God that we have not seen but is very real! As AW Tozer writes, a real Christian is an "odd number" because:
He feels supreme love for One whom he has never seen;
Talks familiarly everyday to someone he cannot see;
Expects to go to heaven on the virtue of another;
Empties himself in order to be full;
Admits he is wrong so he can be declared right;
Goes down in order to get up;
Is strongest when he is weakest;
Richest when he is poorest;
Happiest when he feels the worst;
He dies so he can live;
Forsakes in order to have;
Gives away so he can keep;
Sees the invisible;
Hears the inaudible;
And knows that which passeth knowledge. A.W Tozer
True: it's not easy but trusting God is very rewarding!!!!
Ty
No comments:
Post a Comment