Monday, December 27, 2010

12.27.10

Psalm 77:11-13

11 I will remember the deeds of the LORD;
yes, I will remember your miracles of long ago.
12 I will consider all your works
and meditate on all your mighty deeds.”
13 Your ways, God, are holy.
What god is as great as our God?

Dear friends,

We hope that you had a great Christmas and, amongst the busyness, were able to focus on the true reason for the season. No matter what your circumstance this Christmas, are we not blessed beyond measure? As I meditate on the amazing time we had together as a family, my thoughts are drawn to ways that I can teach my children to remember why it is that we come together and celebrate the birth of our Lord and Savior and the immeasurable gift that we have been given.

Psalm 77, most likely penned by Asaph, begins with a prayer to God in times of deep distress. The psalmist cries to God for help, stretches out untiring hands and his soul refuses to be comforted. Next, in verses 7-9, he begins pondering questions about God's favor, love and mercy - questions that you may have, at one time, asked God in the recesses of your heart. "Will the Lord reject forever? Will he never show his favor again? Has his unfailing love vanished forever? Has his promise failed for all time? Has God forgotten to be merciful? Has he in anger withheld his compassion?". Yet for the rest of the psalm, Asaph chooses to REMEMBER.

In a season of resolutions and looking forward to a new year, may we always remember the miracle of Christmas and the other countless and mighty deeds of our God. May we meditate on His holiness and greatness for what god is as great as He?

In His remembrance,
Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment